About Secret History

Commentary on Latin America.
Mostly about Mexico - but not always.
Designed to encourage readers to learn about
the apparently "secret history" of 500 million people
spread across two continents
- but not always.
You can always count on a little snark.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ICE is Chilling ... An Interesting Report on Homeland Security

The National Commission on ICE Misconduct and Violations of 4th Amendment Rights has put out an interesting report on ... ICE misconduct and violations of 4th Amendment rights (duh). It makes for an interesting read. In case the half-a-dozen regular readers haven't heard of this report, here is a link to the PDF. And here is a link to the web site. http://www.icemisconduct.org/icemisconduct/ NOTE: The commission is associated with the United Food and Commercial Workers union.

You can read the ICE 2008 Annual report here. I'm still combing through it, but I'm sure I'll have something to say. And I suppose in a few weeks after this goes live someone will come and inquire as to my immigration status. "Sorry, officer, my family did illegally enter North America in the early 17th century ... ."

No comments: